How would you feel if your motorhome was stolen and not recovered?
This article has been provided by CanTrack Protect highlighting the consequences of theft and how their product helps in this situation.
Motorhome Theft. Think of the consequences:
- Belongings gone (are they ever replaceable, are they insured?)
- If it’s gone forever, will you find a suitable replacement? How quickly?
- How long did it take to get it all set up the way you want?
- Did you have to save up?
- Was it a retirement plan?
- Were you planning a ‘big trip?’ Will that ever happen now?
These points are often overlooked when acquiring what, for many, has been a lifetime dream because we don’t think it will happen to us! So ask yourself this question: what measures have you taken to prevent it happening to you?
Have you fitted a Steering lock? Steering wheel lock? Clutch claw? Wheel lock? These are all good visual deterrents but sadly a determined thief will defeat them. And if these are overcome and it’s suddenly gone, will you ever see it again? We’ve had experience of losing both a motorhome and also a caravan, so we know what it feels like.
If you’ve not experienced this, here’s what happens:
- You receive a call from the storage yard to tell you your vehicle is missing, and your stomach sinks. If its stolen from your driveway at home it’s even more painful!
- You call the Police to tell them; they might be able to send an officer to meet you to take a statement depending on how busy they are. You’re given an incident number and then a crime number.
- The police do ANPR camera checks over the next few days in your locality to try to trace where it went (but if the number plate has been changed/removed, what then?)
- Largely, nothing happens next. So,
- You wait. You contact your insurer and then file a claim.
- And wait.
- And wait………..
- After a week or so (if you’re lucky, but probably much longer) the insurer sends a claims agent out, and a report is sent to the insurer.
- In the meanwhile your pride and joy is possibly being dismantled for parts, could be inhabited and being used/abused by ‘new owners’, or be abroad and gone forever.
You then try to negotiate an insurance pay out. Easier said than done, that one. And at the end of all this you don’t get your vehicle back.
So is there a way of improving your chances of recovery?
Yes there is………..
It has to be said that there’s much more chance of your vehicle being found if it has a tracker.
Well that’s true provided the thieves haven’t found it and disabled it:
- Many trackers are wired to batteries, to power them
- Thieves can easily disable wired devices
- Thieves scan around the vehicle to find wireless devices, locate and discard them
So instead of suffering all this pain, give yourself a 91+% chance of recovering yours if it’s stolen
Buy our wireless Tracker, CanTrack Protect
The CanTrack Protect is a Thatcham (S7) and Secured By Design (Police Approved) service comprising of specialist hardware, software and an on-going subscription service that includes a free deployment of our Investigations Unit in the event of theft to locate your asset.
These are CanTrack Protect features
- Thatcham S7 approved and Police Secure by Design accredited
- has jamming technology making it untraceable
- has 91+% recovery rate
- our tracking team, comprising former police officers, locate your motorhome
- subscription cost less than a meal deal/week
- able to reduce insurance premiums
So this means that instead of waiting and hoping, something positive is being done to recover your vehicle once you have reported to us that it has been stolen.
To fine out more:
Watch this video https://youtu.be/BB1XvATUazk
Click here to enquire Protect My Asset (protect-myasset.co.uk)
Or call 07787 446300