Complaints Procedure

If you have had an unsatisfactory experience in dealing with Motorhome Depot, we are sorry to hear about it and we will look into your complaint with the franchisee you have dealt with. We sell thousands of leisure vehicles a year and naturally we would like to make every customer experience perfect. As we are a franchise organisation, it is most likely that you have dealt with a franchisee. In the first instance we would request that you contact the franchisee you have dealt with by following our complaints procedure outlined below. Thank you.

How to Make a Complaint

Before we can look at your complaint, you must complain directly to the franchisee first. It is important to tell them the following;

  • Why you are unhappy, setting out the act or omission you believe has occurred;
  • What you would like them to do to resolve your complaint;
  • Follow up any conversations in writing, making a note of the date and time and who you spoke to. Keep copies of all correspondence with the Franchisee.

Why do I have to complain to the franchisee first?

It’s only fair to give them the chance to respond to and resolve any complaints you have about them before you contact us.

We can start to help you when:

  • The franchisee has sent you a final viewpoint letter – and you are not satisfied with their reply;
  • The franchisee has not responded to or resolved your complaint within eight weeks of your original letter or email to them, and you have chased them for a response.

Why do I have to give the franchisee eight weeks to respond to my complaint?

It provides the franchisee sufficient time and opportunity to investigate and respond to your complaint before you contact us.

Many complaints processes allow eight weeks. It gives franchisees enough time to:

  • Acknowledge your complaint;
  • Investigate the details thoroughly – including checking any details with third parties
  • Consider any offers to effect a solution
  • Get back to you with a full response.

Can someone help me complain to the franchisee?

Yes, you can ask a friend or family member to help, or a third party such as a legal representative or someone from Citizen’s Advice. Your franchisee will also be able to deal with the person you choose instead of you throughout the process if you prefer.

If you choose to use a third party you would need to advise and confirm your consent in writing to the franchisee of whom you have elected on your behalf.

The franchisee is not responding to my complaint – what can I do?

We recommend you send all complaint correspondence to the franchisee by recorded delivery or set a delivery receipt if you choose to email them. That way you know if they’ve received written confirmation of your grievance.

If you have not heard from the franchisee about your complaint, please contact them again. If they consistently fail to respond to you, and it’s been more than eight weeks since you first contacted them, please get in touch with us.

We will need to see all evidence of written correspondence to support your attempts at contact. As soon as we have received this information we can then look to take up the matter with the franchisee.

What evidence do I need to support my complaint?

When we look at any complaint, we need to know it is genuine and that the allegation against the franchisee is supported by evidence.

We only need to see copies of your evidence, so please don’t send originals because we cannot send them back to you.

In order to investigate your complaint, we would require the following;

  • Copies of all written correspondence between you and the franchisee
  • Dates and times of all correspondence
  • Any offers of a resolve to your situation

What if the Franchisee has ceased trading?

What we can do depends on what stage your complaint was at when the franchisee stopped trading. We’ll let you know when we have all the details available and have had the chance to review the complaint.

Alternative Dispute Resolution

If we have exhausted our internal complaints handling procedure and we inform you in writing that we cannot settle your complaint, you have the option of referring your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution ("ADR") provider to deal with the same. We are not obliged to use a specific ADR provider or procedure, however, a list of certified providers can be found at Please note that we are not obliged to participate in ADR.

In order for us to assist you once you have followed the above procedure then please ensure that all contact relating to your complaint is sent through by email or letter to the address below.

FTO Motorhome Depot, Mansfield I Centre, Hamilton Way, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5BR

Scroll To Top